Top Ten Naked Girls Reading Moments
Along with celebrating the many authors and works from New Orleans, we also celebrated our 2 year anniversary this month! Looking back over the 2 years, I’ve come to realize that we have done some crazy things and I’m going to narrow it down to my favorite top 10 Naked Girls Reading Moments.
10. Naked Girls Reading Pirate Month – We all dressed as pirates and read at a steering wheel. The event was complete with a parrot.
9. Naked Girls Go to the Movies – We read in director’s chairs, passed out popcorn and I re-enacted Christian Bale’s meltdown on the set of Terminator.
8. The Literary Honors Awards – This was the first year of this writing contest and the winner happened to be from Chicago, even though we received entries from all over the world. It was an honor to award Patty Templeton the first Literary Honors Award at our brand new venue, The Everleigh Social Club.
7. The Cops – Naked Girls Reading has become quite popular with the Chicago cops. They pop in every once in a while to make sure everything is on the up and up. Pun intended.
6. Kermit the Frog Here – For our Vampire theme, I found a Sesame Street story involving the Count and Kermit the Frog as a news reporter. It turns out that I’ve been working up to this moment all my life…doing a Kermit the Frog impression while naked.
5. The Cake Topper – Receiving the cake topper from TJ Rappel for our 2 year anniversary was a special day. He went above and beyond the call of duty and the topper is now displayed proudly at the Everleigh Social Club.
4. Movie Butt – Projecting movies on girls’ butts is quite entertaining. This year, for Christmas Carol, we projected Frosty the Snowman on the booties of Dominique Trixx and Greta Layne.
3. 3D Paper dolls – Yes. First of all, paper dolls for Naked Girls Reading is a ridiculous idea. The idea is to change the book that we’re holding, not dress us up, although there are accessories that you can put on the girls. And secondly, if you touch the paper dolls in the right places, some areas are raised. Very wrong and so right.
2. Zorro – I was Zorro this year for Naked Ghouls Reading. I had the cape and the hat and the boots. The best part, of course, was the letter ‘Z’ shaved into my bits. Well…I had to put it somewhere!
And the number 1 Naked Girls Reading Moment is…
1. Celebrating our 2 year anniversary with founding members Mimi First, Greta Layne and Dominique Trixx while wearing Mardi Gras masks and dancing to the New Orleans sounds of The Fat Babies. We also got a nice surprise from Jeff Millies, our resident photographer. He put together a photo slide show of our Naked history. So touching! We will do a Naked Girls Reading book one day. I promise!
I’m telling you, this was a hard list to put together. The opinions expressed in this countdown are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the other naked girls!
~ by michellelamour on March 15, 2011.